Friday, January 28, 2011

I think we've always known this: Lesbians are aliens.

The lesbians were out in full force for the Salt Lake City screening of Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same.  And why not?  This crazy film was a complete send up of lesbian culture.  That doesn't mean it wasn't delightful for the rest of us.


The movie starts with a lesbian chatting with her therapist.  The lesbian shyly admits that she's witnessed a UFO which dropped her a note.  The note said, "What are you doing later."  That's just genius.


This was total Sundance brilliance. Yes, the production values were rusty.  And the acting was sometimes less than believable.  Then there was the sound, which was totally sketchy. But even with all those negatives, this movie was delightful.  It was certainly the funniest movie I'm seen this year at Sundance.  And I think the audience agreed.  There was so much laughter that I regularly couldn't hear the dialogue.


I've always loved the lesbians.  And this movie makes me love them even more.  Particularly when they dance.  If you get the chance, see this movie.


1 comment:

  1. Totally agree that this was the funniest film of Sundance. I loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete