Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sundance Film Festival 2011: Art Lobster will be there.

At last year's Sundance Film Festival, I saw a total of sixteen movies, all of which were reviewed right here at the Art Lobster. With movie reviews and other related comments, the Film Festival was responsible for 20 posts. This year's festival is less than two weeks away. My locals-only quick pass is ordered. And I'm more committed than ever to recording my festival experience.

In preparation for the 2011 Festival, I'm re-skinning Art Lobster to match the Sundance branding. You may have seen the current branding which features a fantastic snowflake created from icons that represent independent film and Sundance. That image is paired with the theme line, "be there."



In fact, if you follow the Sundance Film Festival blog, they offer regular posts calling out individual icons from the snowflake and telling the stories those icons represent. For example, the shovel icon is a nod to Joel and Ethan Cohen's 1985 Sundance film, Blood Simple:



I've ripped off the identity for my own personal amusement. But don't think that I just stole the graphic as is. No, look closely and you'll notice I've created my own graphic featuring, what else, lobsters.



Now, I just have to wait for the theater lights to dim. See you at Sundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment