Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dance like no one's watching (or you're at CES).

I'm not cool enough to get the invites needed to experience true Vegas nightlife, particularly when the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is in town.  So it's a good thing I know Sara Bresee.  She knows all the right people.  That's how, without an invite, we were whisked into the HP/Intel party. Not only that, Sara managed to get us into a VIP area so I had a perfect place to enjoy the show at XS, the nightclub at the Wynn Encore.

I'll start with the weirdest part of the evening: Pole Dancers.  Yes, I went to an HP/Intel party where they had some serious pole dancing.  I'm still trying to figure out who thought that was "on brand."  Although there were a lot of old men in the VIP section getting surprisingly friendly with young women who may or may not have been paid for the evening's entertainment. I'm not exactly sure which brands may or may not have been paying for the services. I guess even managing your brand takes a vacation in Vegas.

The party ratcheted up the fun when global music master Tiësto took the stage.  The music was fantastic and the super-chic LED screen technology was mind blowing.  Talking about it is useless.  So I'll just show some pictures.











1 comment: