Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dear Armistead

I'm suddenly realizing that I've posted a whole lot of stuff about Armistead Maupin. There was my review of Maupin's Tales of the City. And I also offered my thoughts about Mary Ann in Autumn. Remember how exited I was to get tickets for the musical. Oh, and then I actually went to see the musical! Of course while I was in San Francisco to see the musical, we had to visit some of the places that made Tales of the City so much fun.

Now, Amistead Maupin has had the nerve to show up in Salt Lake City. And me and my best friend ever (Felix Flores) decided to go see him read at King's English.  Suddenly, you realize that the joy of Maupin's work isn't just about brilliant writing, it's about charm and story telling and wisdom.

And it's about making his fans feel appreciated. Thanks Armistead.  Here are a few photos from the lovely evening at King's English book store.





No comments:

Post a Comment