Friday, June 14, 2013

Romancing the Industrial Revolution.

Yes the Eiffel Tower is romantic.  Who wouldn't love wandering through Paris, even on a rainy day and catching that very first glimpse of one of the world's most iconic (and romantic) structures?


Who doesn't love taking delightful snapshots of and with friends while the tower looms beautifully in the background?




And who can possibly denounce the spectacular views of Paris seen from the Tower's staggering heights?



I won't belittle any of those things.  But what I loved most about the Eiffel Tower was its monumental tribute to the Industrial Age.  I loved the steel. I loved the geometric patterns of its engineering. I loved the gears and pulleys that defy gravity and hoist young and old lovers alike to new heights of romance.  So here are a few of my favorite photos from a visit to le Tour Eiffel in all its Industrial-Age glory.







No comments:

Post a Comment